SUMMER 2022 PROGRAM INFORMATION
The Allard School of Law offers two clinics in the summer. Full information about the clinics, including how to apply, is available on the Clinics webpage. Clinics are only available to current JD students at the Allard School of Law.
Students who are participating in the summer Rise Women's Legal Clinic are not permitted to take other summer session classes. LSLAP students are permitted to take one concurrent class per summer term.
LAW 379D.001 Externship: Women’s Legal Clinic (11 credits) – Vandana Sood, Kim Hawkins, & LAW 380C.001 Externship Reflection: Women’s Legal Clinic – seminar (4 credits) – Vandana Sood, Kim Hawkins
- LAW 379D.001 & LAW 380C.001 Syllabus
- Location: 516 Richards Street, Vancouver, V6B 3A2
- Clinic Dates: May 2 – August 5
- Lecture Class Days and Time: May 5 - July 14, Thurs, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Final Research Paper: July 22, 1:00 p.m.
- Time Commitment:
- Rise Women's Legal Centre is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, and closed on statutory holidays.. Students are generally expected to be at Rise Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Students are not required to be at Rise on Fridays; we strongly encourage students to use Fridays away from Rise to work on the graded written components of the Reflections course.
- The three-week orientation session is mandatory. It begins Monday, May 2, 2022 and runs Monday to Friday. After orientation, students will attend three-hour seminars generally scheduled to take place on Thursday afternoons. The seminars will be held at Rise. Other required activities may also be scheduled during the term.
LAW 491.001 Law Students Legal Advice Program (6 credits) – Chris Heslinga
- Dates: May 2 – August 5
- Restricted to a limited number of upper year students who (a) in their first or second year have participated in the provision of legal services to the public through the Law Students Legal Advice Program, and (b) continue that participation in their second or third year. Credit will be granted for only one of LAW 488, LAW 490, or LAW 491. Registration by permission only. Students may not self-register. Please contact instructor, Chris Heslinga, at email@example.com for more information.
Students registered for LAW 491.001 (LSLAP) in the summer are only allowed to be registered in one additional course per term in the summer.