The Micro-Certificate Program in Climate Risk and ESG for Corporate Governance and Decision-making provides directors, officers, in-house and external legal counsel, and governance professionals with the in-depth legal literacy and knowledge of best practices for managing climate-related financial risk.
This program offers practical and hands-on training for professionals, including those currently working and those seeking to gain additional skills to better their employment opportunities and keep up with the market trends. Developed collaboratively by the Canada Climate Law Initiative and UBC, it provides a unique perspective that comes from collaboration and knowledge exchange between academics, policymakers, and business professionals.
By the end of this program, you will have the knowledge to contribute to the success of ESG and climate-related governance initiatives with an understanding of:
- Key climate considerations companies and pension funds face when making business and investment decisions
- Complex legal and regulatory instruments and requirements that directly impact businesses and organizations’ operations in Canada and internationally
- Strategies to enhance your oversight and management of climate risks and opportunities
Who is this program for?
- In-house and external legal counsel
- Governance professionals
- Investors and asset managers
- Format: Online using UBC’s interactive e-learning platform “Canvas” which includes video lessons, readings, online discussion, case studies, and recorded guest interviews. There will be 3 live sessions with your instructor and classmates over Zoom.
- April 8th, 2024 to June 7th, 2024
- Expect to spend between 5-7 hours per week for a total of approximately 50 hours. Learn at your own pace, whenever it’s most convenient.
- Program fee: $3,300 (discounts available for Allard Alumni, Indigenous Peoples, and groups larger than 4)
- Continuing Professional Development credits: This program is approved for 50 CPD hours with the Law Society of British Columbia.
Upcoming Info Session - February 29, 2024
Interested in learning more about the program?
Join our virtual info session for an overview of the Micro-Certificate Program in Climate Risk and ESG for Corporate Governance and Decision-making program with instructor, Alison Schneider. At then end of the session, you will have an opportunity to ask questions.