Empowering people and communities to advance law and justice.
The Peter A. Allard School of Law serves our diverse local, national and global communities through:
- Education: Engaging students in a broad and rigorous education that prepares them for legal practice and for careers in advanced research and as academics, and develops a critical awareness of the role of law in society;
- Legal Practice: Partnering with the profession to create and mentor the next generation of lawyers;
- Knowledge: Generating and disseminating research that leads scholarly inquiry and public discourse and addresses pressing social and policy issues;
- Engagement: Intentionally engaging academic, professional, advocacy and higher education communities to collaborate around topics such as ethics, access to justice, law reform, reconciliation and decolonization, and to support the empowerment and inclusion of equity seeking groups;
- Community Building: Creating an inclusive and respectful culture that encourages and values the diverse perspectives, experiences and contributions of our membership.
As a Faculty within the University of British Columbia, the Peter A. Allard School of Law is committed to the values of excellence, integrity, respect, academic freedom and accountability specified in the UBC strategic plan. In addition, we strive to uphold and embody the following five values: