Students at the Peter A. Allard School of Law are educated in a collegial and respectful environment where high value is placed on a range of contributions. Our students benefit from a rich and diverse curriculum, an array of public service opportunities, and an outstanding career services office. On this page, you will find useful information and links to help you adjust and thrive during your time at the Allard School of Law. If you have additional questions, please contact the school.
2021-2022 Academic Year Courses, Examinations, Papers and Grades Information for Faculty
If faculty have any questions about course scheduling, examinations, final papers or grades, please contact:
- Susan Morin, Director, Student Academic Services, 604-822-6731, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dayna Payette, Coordinator, Academic Services, 604-827-5728, email@example.com
Course Listings, Timetables and Course Descriptions
Final examinations for the 2021-2022 Academic Year will be held in-person, and the examinations will be run in secure mode using ExamSoft's Examplify software. Secure mode means that students will not be able to access the internet or applications other than Examplify on their computer while taking their exams.
Final Examinations Instructions for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty
- Final Examinations Instructions for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty - NOT YET AVAILABLE
- Examination Formatting Instructions - NOT YET AVAILABLE
Remote Examination Information
- Rules and Procedures for taking Remote Exams - NOT YET AVAILABLE
Examination Submission and Examination Grades Deadlines for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty
For exam courses, the Academic Services Coordinator will email you a link to a OneDrive folder on the exam day for your course. The folder will contain the exam answer files and a Grading Sheet. Please submit exam marks by e-mail to Susan Morin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Academic Services Coordinator. If there are other graded components, in addition to the exam component, for your course, please bring this to our attention. Do not enter grades yourself in the Faculty Services Centre website.
- Examination Submission and Grades Deadlines (Fall) - NOT YET AVAILABLE
- Examination Submission and Grades Deadlines (Spring) - NOT YET AVAILABLE
Final Paper Submission Deadlines for Students and Grades Submission Instructions and Deadlines for Faculty
- Final Paper Submission Deadline for Students and Grades Submission Instructions and Deadlines for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty (Fall)
- Final Paper Submission Deadline for Students and Grades Submission Instructions and Deadlines for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty (Spring) - NOT YET AVAILABLE
- Examination and Grading Rules - Beginning Spring Term 2018
- Penalties for Late Assignments
- Students Appealing a Mark
- Deduction for Typing Over the Allotted Examination Time
Examination and Paper Concessions and Accommodations
Students asking for examination and/or paper concessions and accommodations should be directed to:
- Examination and Paper Concessions and Accommodations
- JD students - Kaila Mikkelsen, Assistant Dean, Students - Allard room 152, 604-822-6350, email@example.com.
- LLM and PhD students - Joanne Chung, Graduate Program Advisor - Allard room 149, 604-822-6449, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LLMCL, LLMT, and Distance Learning students - Tania Astorino, Director of Graduate Professional Programs - Allard room 144, 604-822-0308, email@example.com
Canvas (UBC Learning management System)
The Learning Technology Hub also provides drop-in sessions for Canvas, called Canvas Studios. These sessions allow you to sit down with a Canvas support person to review your course design and troubleshoot any challenges. Canvas Studios generally take place every Monday between 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the LT Hub in the Fraser River room, second-floor Centre for Teaching and Learning Technology (CTLT) offices in Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (1961 East Mall). Please visit the Canvas Studio events page for upcoming sessions.
You can find additional training and support on the Canvas training and support webpage.
Direct links to the teaching evaluation system, Blue, are enabled in Canvas. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Evaluation link: https://canvas.ubc.ca/courses/30777/external_tools/6073
- Reports link: https://canvas.ubc.ca/courses/30777/external_tools/6075
Email your questions about accessing your teaching evaluations to the Centre for Teaching and Learning Technology teaching evaluation support staff at email@example.com
Managing Absences to Promote Public Health
Public health controls for fall 2021 require on-going daily self-assessment prior to coming to campus. Students and instructors need to stay home if they are have cold or flu-like symptoms.
To ensure that students who must self-isolate for short periods of time are not significantly disadvantaged, the law school has adopted temporary procedures for health-related short-term absences.
View our Managing Absences to Promote Public Health page for more information and the full procedures.
Faculty Return to Campus COVID-19 FAQ
Please visit the Allard Law Faculty Return to Campus COVID-19 FAQ page for more information about entry to Allard Hall, masks, holding events, guest speakers, office hours and more frequently asked questions.