Go Global & Partner University Eligibility Requirements
Students should review the Exchange Eligibility Requirements on the Go Global website to see whether they qualify to participate in an exchange.
In particular note:
- You must have at least a 70% average the last full-time semester prior to submitting your application. As first-year students do not have final grades until April, all exchange offers will be conditional on achieving a 70% average in final first year marks (released in May).
- You need to be a UBC student in good standing (e.g. not be subject to academic or non-academic discipline).
- Law students must have an overall average of 70% in the year that they are applying for exchange.
Individual partner schools may have different requirements than those listed above. For example, the University of Hong Kong require a greater average to apply. Please check the partner pages on the Go Global website to ensure you meet the correct eligibility requirements.
Law School Eligibility Requirements
Year of Study
Law students may participate in a one term or full year exchange in second or third year, and may participate in an exchange in their final term of law school. Transfer students may participate in a one term exchange.
You should complete all of your Law degree requirements at UBC. This means that the following degree requirements must be completed at UBC:
- Law 347 Federalism
- Law 300 Jurisprudence and Critical Perspectives
- Law 372 Administrative Law
- Law 468 Ethics & Professionalism
- Experiential requirement
- Seminar requirement (with advance permission and in exceptional circumstances, this requirement may be able to be completed at a partner university while on exchange)
Students entering third year who are contemplating a full-year or second term exchange should ensure they complete all of their degree requirements prior to their exchange.