Tuition & Student Fees
Rates effective May 1, 2021:
|Domestic Students||International Students|
You should also anticipate student fees of approximately $969 per year. Please see the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies' website for detailed information on graduate student fees.
Scholarships, Bursary and Awards
- Entrance scholarships and awards - The Peter A. Allard School of Law provides a wide range of entrance scholarships and awards (subject to budgetary approval) for admitted LLM students ranging from $2,500 to $23,000. Some are restricted to graduate students pursing research in specific areas of law and others are open to all students through the application process. These awards have been established by UBC, the Allard School of Law, its alumni, its faculty members’ research grants, and external organizations. The Graduate Program at the Peter A. Allard School of Law does not provide fellowships and awards on the basis of financial needs.
- Affiliated Fellowships - UBC also offers a number of UBC Affiliated Fellowships to incoming and continuing students. Some of these are open awards and some include specific criteria. Please review the Graduate Studies database for details.
- Internships - MITACS is a federally and provincially funded organization that helps to place graduate and postgraduate students in paid internship positions. Internship positions are posted on the website, but students can also work with employers to create internship positions that are partially funded by MITACS.
- Conference and Research Travel Support
- The Faculty provides annual funding grants to currently enrolled full-time students in the research-based LLM degree programs to support conference and research travel pertaining to their thesis. Students must submit an application well in advance of travel to the Graduate Program Advisor. Please review the Conference and Travel Funding Guidelines for more information.
- The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies provides graduate student travel support once per degree program. Please consult the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for application details.
- Go Global Sponsored by Student Development provides awards and scholarships up to $1500 for graduate students in thesis-based program, to participate in study or research exchanges at partner institutions.
- Students who have questions about needs-based funding, including student loans, should refer to UBC's Student Financial Assistance and Awards Office.
- The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies’ Funding Databases provides a good starting point for researching external funding opportunities.
Student Fees and Cost of Living
For general information on the costs associated with doing a graduate degree at UBC and living in Vancouver, see the Tuition, Fees and Cost of Living material provided by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.