D.Phil., Oxford University
B.C.L. with Honours, McGill University (Gold Medalist).
LL.B with Honours, McGill University (Gold Medalist).
A.B., Harvard University (Mathematics).
Law Clerk to Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin P.C., Supreme Court of Canada.
Member of the Bar, Law Society of Upper Canada.
Graduate Tutor, University of Oxford.
Convenor, Regulation Discussion Group, University of Oxford.
Drafted by Pittsburgh Penguins NHL (retired due to disability).
- Law of Obligations (especially Contracts)
- Socio-Economic Regulation (especially Standard Form Contracts, Consumer Protection)
- Regulatory Theory and Design / Governance / New Governance
- Law & Society / Socio-Legal Studies / Law in Social Context
- Sports Law, Governance & Regulation (especially Injury Prevention)
- Law Reform
- Public Law, Administration and Governance
- Tech Regulation (especially Neuroscience)
- Jurisprudence & Critical Perspectives (especially Critical Disability Theory)
- Jurisprudence & Critical Perspectives
- Sports Law
- Law of Contract (Oxford)
- Tort Law (Oxford)
- M Moore, Regulating Boilerplate: Resolving the Issues of Imposition and Unfairness in Standard Form Contracts (Bloomsbury, forthcoming).
- M Moore "The Future of Unfair Terms Regulation in Commercial Contracts" in Andenas M and Heidemann M (eds), (2023) Issues in Commercial Contract: From Unfair Terms to Dispute Settlement Agreements (Springer, LCF Studies in Commercial and Financial Law Series, Vol 4).
- M Moore, "Developments in Contract Law" (2022) 106 SCLR (2d) 3.
- M Moore, “Controlling Fairness in Standard Form Contracts: What Can Courts Do, and What Should They Do?” (2022) 55:2 UBC Law Review (forthcoming).
- M Moore, "Demystifying Implied Terms" (2022) King's Law Journal.
- M Moore, “The Doctrine of Contractual Absolution” (2022) 59:4 Alberta Law Review 871.
- M Moore, “Concussion Safety Law Should be Enacted in all Canadian Provinces and Territories” (2022) Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. With Charles Tator.
- M Moore, 'The HMCS Unconscionability' (2021) 21:2 Oxford University Commonwealth Law Journal 336.
- M Moore, 'Freedom of Thought at the Ethical Frontier of Law and Science' (2021) Ethics & Behavior.
- M Moore, 'Justice as Harmony' (2019) 87 Supreme Court Law Review 3.
- M Moore, "Introduction" in Moore M & Jutras D (eds), Canada's Chief Justice: Beverley McLachlin's Legacy of Law and Leadership (LexisNexis 2019).
- M Moore (ed), Canada's Chief Justice: Beverley McLachlin's Legacy of Law and Leadership (LexisNexis 2019). With Daniel Jutras.
- M Moore, 'Shifting the Balance of the Oakes Test from Minimal Impairment to Proportionality of Effects' (2018) 82 Supreme Court Law Review 143.
- M Moore, 'The Past, Present and Future of Law Reform in Canada' (2018) 6 The Theory and Practice of Legislation 225.
- M Moore, 'Why Does Lord Denning's Lead Balloon Intrigue Us Still? The Prospects of Finding a Unifying Principle for Duress, Undue Influence and Unconscionability' (2018) 134 Law Quarterly Review 257.
- M Moore, 'Elements and Implications of the Supreme Court’s New Rigorous Approach to Construction of Statutory Purpose' (2017) 77 Supreme Court Law Review 223.
- M Moore, Saving the game: Pro Hockey's Quest to Raise Its Game from Crisis to New Heights (Toronto McClelland & Stewart, 2006).
Publications listed on the Law Library Faculty Research Publications Database.