The UBC Innocence Project at the Allard School of Law was established in 2007 as a three-year pilot project, with start-up funding generously provided by Founding Donor, Leon J. Blackmore.
In addition, the UBC Innocence Project has been made possible by generous grants and donations from the following:
- Leon Judah Blackmore Foundation
- Law Foundation of Ontario – Access to Justice Fund
- Law Foundation of British Columbia
- Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund – UBC
- Notary Foundation of BC
- Vancouver Legacy Foundation
- Vancouver Bar Association –
- With the generous support from the Vancouver Bar Association’s Good Deeds Initiative we are pleased to be able to expand the Project Library growing the collection of wrongful convictions materials to include new books, articles, reports and DVD’s.
- Many of these publications are not available in the local library system and are accessible to Project students and volunteer lawyers.
- Many other generous donors
The Project would also like to thank the following for their support and generous donations of services:
- Douglas F. Brown Software Services Inc.
- Filemaker Pro Canada
- Bangarang Communications Ltd.
- Hawton Print Management Inc.