B.A. (Rochester), J.D. (Columbia), Ph.D (Wisconsin)
Allard Hall, room 362
- Phone: 604 822 3776
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camden Hutchison is an Assistant Professor at the Peter A. Allard School of Law, where his research and teaching focus on corporate transactions, comparative corporate governance, and the historical development of corporate law. He has also published on corporate taxation and competition law. His current research focuses on the relationship between legal policy and entrepreneurship.
Prior to joining the law faculty, Camden earned his Ph.D. in history at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, where his dissertation examined the history of corporate regulation in the nineteenth- and twentieth-century United States. Before returning to graduate school, he practiced as a corporate associate at the law firm of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where he represented private equity firms and public corporations in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions. Camden holds a J.D. from Columbia Law School and a B.A. in history from the University of Rochester.
- Business Organizations
- Corporate Transactions
- History of Capitalism
- "Freedom of Expression: Values and Harms" (2023) 60:3 Alta L Rev.
- "Principles of Interpretation as Applied to Corporate Articles: A Comment on Rogers v. Rogers Communications Inc." (2023) 1 Desautels Rev P Enterprise & L 153.
- "The Growth of Vancouver as an Innovation Hub: Challenges and Opportunities" (2021) 54:3 UBC L Rev 693, with Li-Wen Lin.
- "Pluralism and Convergence: Judicial Standardization in Canadian Corporate Law" (2021) 58:1 Osgoode Hall LJ 163.
- "The Patriation of Canadian Corporate Law" (2020) 70:2 UTLJ 107.
- "Corporate Law Federalism in Historical Context: Comparing Canada and the United States" (2018) 64:1 McGill LJ 109.
- "Law and Economics Scholarship and Supreme Court Antitrust Jurisprudence, 1950–2010" (2017) 21:1 Lewis & Clark L Rev 145.
- "Progressive Era Conceptions of the Corporation and the Failure of the Federal Chartering Movement" (2017) 2017:3 Colum Bus L Rev 1017.
- "The Historical Origins of the Debt-Equity Distinction" (2015) 18:3 Fla Tax Rev 95.
For Professor Hutchison's publications available on SSRN, go to: https://papers.ssrn.com/author=1730922
Publications listed on the Law Library Faculty Research Publications Database
- Centre for Business Law
- Business, corporate and commercial law
- Contract law
- Legal history