Dec 1, 6-7.30pm – Join us to release stress from your body with Tension Release Exercises
- Tension Release Exercises (TRE®) are a simple, yet powerfully effective way to release stress, in a series of 7 simple exercises that evoke tremors (vibration, shaking) which are a safe and healthy way to discharge stress and calm the nervous system. The exercises can be modified for any body type or disability. This workshop is experiential, so make sure you have a yoga mat or blanket to lie on.
- Facilitated by Desmond Williams a Certified TRE Provider and Yoga teacher who specializes in stress management strategies.
- "STUDENT" for a 25% discount: “I have created a discount code for students for online sessions.”
- "BIPOC" for 50% discount: “I have also spent the last few months working almost exclusively with the black and first nations community, so for students who identify as BIPOC there is a discount code for online sessions because things have been extra heavy since the lockdown in march.”
Dec 2, 1-1.30pm - Join us to stretch and Ergo your posture
- Ergo Your Posture stretches were developed by Allan McGavin Physio at UBC to target some of the common postural concerns, particularly for office-related work.
- Diane Obra is a 4th year UBC student, studying Food, Nutrition, and Health Science and is one of UBC Recreation's Move U Crew movement specialists. She likes to stay physically active because it is her way to relieve stress and it is a wonderful way to kick-start the day!"
Dec 3, 12.45-1.45pm - Join us to learn90s, Hip Hop and Modern/Contemporary
- Carla Budd from iDance studio will introduce you to 3 dance styles in a fun atmosphere where you can dance off your stress and loosen your body.
- Carla earned her BFA in Dance Kinesiology and majored in Contemporary Dance at the University of Calgary. Upon graduation, she performed with Hip Hop Crews, competed in the World Hip Hop Championships, and danced with Jazz Company. She continued her interest in mind-body health, becoming a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She currently combines her love for dance, nutrition knowledge, and helping others into integrated classes and workshops, seeing private clients, and leads dance education in schools.
Please email Jhanelle Williams, to register for events and receive the zoom links.
- JD Student and Academic Services
- Student Events