Law firm interviews are often quite different from job interviews in other industries - they are generally conversational, and more about establishing rapport and assessing interest than testing substantive legal knowledge. Conversely, interviews with government employers are designed to objectively test substantive legal knowledge and measure interest and suitability for government work through behavioural questions.
At this highly popular panel, lawyers will go over tips for success and common pitfalls to avoid when interviewing at OCIs and beyond. Panelists include:
- Parm Ahuja-Robertson (Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP)
- Lisa Lewkowicz (KPMG Law LLP)
- Jennifer McNaught (Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP)
- Laura Wanamaker (Department of Justice)
- Stephanie Willsey (McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto)
This session is highly recommended for students interviewing for 2L 2021 Summer positions, as well as students preparing for 2021/22 articling interviews.
- Career Services Office
- All Students
- Student Events