Le Pavillion, Four Seasons Hotel (791 West Georgia Street)
The Centre for Business Law presents:
Fintech Revolution - Competitors or Collaborators to Banks?
Please join us to hear from leaders in the legal and business communities as they discuss the fast-moving world of fintech. Topics will include fintech’s strengths, the democratization of financial services, and the role of regulators in this space. Our panelists will also discuss the relationship between traditional financial institutions and finech, in terms of both competition and collaboration. Lastly, opportunities and risks for consumers and society-at-large will be considered.
Moderator: Cristie Ford, Associate Professor and Director, Centre for Business Law, Allard School of Law.
- Ryan Austin, Deputy General Counsel & SVP Regulatory Affairs, Hyperwallet Systems Inc;
- Cameron Burke, Managing Director, Technology Sector, PwC Canada;
- Lynne Charbonneau, Deputy General Counsel, Retail Banking & Wealth Management Legal Department, HSBC Bank Canada;
- Michael Reid, Co-Chair, Startups and Emerging Companies, McMillan LLP; and
- Lisa Shields, CEO, FI.SPAN.
Panel Discussion: 5:00-6:30pm
Cost: $40 + GST, no charge for UBC faculty, staff, and students.
This event qualifies for 1.5 CPD credits.