Vancouver Convention Centre, East Buildling (999 Canada Place), Ballrooms A & B
The CSO's annual Large Employer Career Fair is THE event for Allard Law students to meet and network with large legal employers from across the country. We expect close to 200 Allard Law students to attend, as well as employer representatives from at least 51 different offices, including large full-service and boutique law firms and government employers from Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, and Yellowknife.
Who should attend?
- 1L students interested in applying for 1L Summer 2019 Positions in Toronto (Jan 23 deadline) or Calgary/Edmonton (Jan 31 deadline), and/or 2L Summer 2020 Positions in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, or Yellowknife (deadlines in late Aug/early Sept 2019)
- 2L, 3L and graduate studentsinterested in applying for 2020/21 Articling Positions in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, or Yellowknife (deadlines from mid-May to early July, depending on the city). If you were unsuccessful in the summer recruitment process but remain interested in participating employers, plan to attend this event, as these employers will be looking to reconnect with you!
- All current Allard Law students are welcome! If you are considering applying for a summer or articling position with a participating employer, the CSO strongly encourages you to attend.
What should you bring?
- Just yourself! Please register via theACE Large Employer Career Fair Event Listing so we know to prepare a name tag for you, which you can pick up at the Career Fair registration desk.
- Business attire (i.e., a suit) is recommended.
- Plan to arrive early (by 6pm at the latest) to maximize your opportunities to speak with employers of interest.
- In an effort to support wellbeing initiatives at the school, complementary non-alcoholic beverages and appetizers will be served throughout the evening. A cash bar will also be available.
- Please do not bring your resume or business cards. For detailed tips on networking at and after a Career Fair, please see our How to Interact with Legal Employers handout, available in ACE’s Resource Library.