Bookable Study Space – December 2020 Exam Period (upper year JD students ONLY)
To support upper year JD students (2L and 3L), exam study space has been made available in Allard Hall this winter. This will be dedicated study space for upper year students only.
Please review this page in full, before booking your onsite study space.
Exam study space is being made available exclusively for upper year students in Allard Hall, Mondays to Fridays from December 3rd to the 22nd. Bookings can be made through the online reservation system.
- Bookings are for one seat in a shared classroom space; group bookings are not accommodated.
- A booking is for the whole day, from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Partial days are not accommodated.
- A seat can be booked in one of: 104, 105, 106, 121, 122 and 123, and one student can book up to a maximum of 3 days a week (across all available classrooms).
- Student access is restricted to the booked study room, the ground floor and basement. Washrooms are located in the basement with an accessible washroom on the ground floor.
Prior to entry on booked days, mandatory self-assessments are required for anyone coming on-site. Please complete the self-assessment prior to entering Allard Hall, every day you enter Allard Hall. Self-assessments will be reconciled daily by Allard HR. Please ensure that you cancel bookings you do not come in for, as it compromises the self-assessment reconciliation if you do not. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a loss of booking privileges.
Other safety protocols are as follows:
- The East Mall and South Lawn doors are entry only doors for Allard Hall.
- Masks are required in all common, indoor spaces. Masks can be removed once seated and physically distanced in classrooms, or when eating or drinking, as long as physical distance can be maintained.
- Seats have been marked to ensure physical distancing. Only sit in a chair marked with tape.
- Please leave Allard Hall immediately after your study day is complete to allow for cleaning.
Failure to follow any of these mandatory safety protocols will result in removal of booking privileges and building access.
Use our online reservation system to book you seat in one of the classrooms.
- Please review ahead of booking, how to book reference document (PDF).
- The calendar will only allow you to book a space between Monday – Friday, December 3-22.
- You can only book up to a maximum of three seats per week.
Confirmations and Cancellation
You will receive a confirmation email once your booking is complete. If you need to cancel, we ask that you please cancel as soon as you can in order to provide time for access provisioning, and to allow another student to book a space. In addition, if you do not come in to use your booking, please cancel as otherwise we cannot meet our COVID safety protocols. To cancel a booking, click on the "UPDATE BOOKING" button in your confirmation email.
Your UBC student card will act as a fob to provision access on booked study space days in Allard Hall. Please ensure to have your card with you. Please ensure to complete the mandatory self-assessment to confirm you are healthy and well to enter Allard Hall. Access is from 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Please leave Allard Hall immediately after 4:30 PM to allow for cleaning.
Construction will be occurring on the main floor washrooms, though disruption will be minimal. Washrooms remain available in the basement, with an accessible washrooms on the main floor. Options for buying food on campus may be limited so you are encouraged to bring your own food. Water fountains are closed as part of the University’s Covid-19 safety protocols so do bring your own water for the day.
If you had any questions about exam study space and bookings, email: email@example.com. All efforts will be made to reply within 24 hours.