Jun 4, 2020
Last updated: September 24, 2020 - 12:30 PM
This page will be updated as needed with Allard School of Law community updates.
- FAQs - COVID-19 Reporting and Suspected Incidents (PDF)
- Fall 2020 COVID-19 Health and Safety Considerations for the Resumption of Onsite Teaching and Work (PDF)
- Allard Law Autumn 2020 Teaching and Resumption of Onsite Work (PDF)
- Building Emergency Response Plan (PDF)
Allard faculty and staff are working remotely and can be contacted via email.
Student Updates & Quicklinks
The latest information for the fall term is emailed to student. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Student Services team at email@example.com.
- Sept 21, 2020 - Please see below for information on non-medical masks at UBC and Requirements for Access to Allard Hall.
- Sept 14, 2020 - For 1L students invited onto campus for the fall term, you MUST get a physical UBC card for building access.
When you apply for your UBC card, you will see 2 options. Please choose the one that indicates you are taking an in-person, or a hybrid model of teaching. Your access will be automatically provisioned on approved weeks for entry. Card access issues can be directed to Allard Reception.
If you need to request a switch of a digital UBC card to a physical one for approved onsite learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘law student’ in the subject line to start that process.
- May 25, 2020 - Fall 2020 Mode of Instruction for 2L & 3L JD Students - Allard Law will be offering the majority of upper year courses and seminars remotely this Winter Session 2020/21 - Term 1. For more details, view this memo (PDF).
Info for Students
- Exams and Grades
- Allard School of Law Links
- UBC Links
Faculty and Staff Quicklinks
Allard Hall is closed to the public, visitors and guests. Access to Allard Hall is limited to approved students, staff and faculty only. You will need your UBC card to access to the building. View Allard Law Autumn 2020 Teaching and Resumption of Onsite Work (PDF) for more details.
Anyone with approved entry to Allard Hall must wear a mask in hallways, building entryways, washrooms and other high-traffic areas. Masks can be removed for instruction in classrooms, and for eating and drinking in common areas, once you are seated and physically distanced from others. Please see UBC Safety & Risk Service's website for more information about non-medical masks at UBC.
Enhanced security measures on campus
In light of COVID-19, heightened security procedures and processes are in place to enhance the well-being and protect the safety of students, faculty, and staff on campus.
Please have your UBC ID on display or ready to show when accessing campus buildings.
For more information, visit the Campus Security website or phone 604-822-2222.
The Law Library space is closed
UBC libraries spaces (including the Law Library) are closed until further notice. Librarian help is available via email at email@example.com and the library is offering Materials Pick-Up Service.
- Allard Law News